Fall is so much fun for adults and children alike. There are lots of different concepts and ideas that young children can explore. Easy, printable word searches are a great way to help children better understand the vocabulary related to the season. Go ahead and grab a copy of this fall word search before the season starts.
***This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Fall Word Search
This fall word search contains 20 words all related to the season. The words can be found horizontally, vertically, and diagonally, plus they can be forwards or backwards.
Ways to Use This Word Search
- Have your child circle or underline the words as they find them. Use a pencil, colored pencil, crayon, or marker.
- If it’s easier for your child, he or she can use a highlighter or pale marker to highlight the words instead.
- Another option would be to have your child dot each letter in the word with a bingo dauber. They are always lots of fun for kids!
What You Will Need
- Printer Paper and a Printer
- Pencils, Crayons, Markers, etc.
What Else You Might Need
If you would like to print out the word search and reuse it multiple times, you could use a laminator and laminating pouches. Here are some more options to make this free printable back to school word search more fun:
Books About Fall
These would be great books to read aloud to your child before they complete the word search. Or older readers would enjoy some of these books on their own.
Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn by Kenard Pak
Hello, Fall!: A Picture Book by Deborah Diesen
What Can You See in Fall? by Sian Smith
To download this printable, simply click on the link below.
Graphics for this printable are used with permission from My Cute Graphics.