It’s time to start thinking about back to school! If you have a young child who is starting school for the first time, there is so much they need to know before the first day. Their teacher, their classroom, and even their classmates will be a huge mystery to them. If your child enjoys word searches, go ahead a download a copy of this free printable back to school word search.
***This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Back to School Word Search
This back to school word search contains 20 words all related to school. The words can be found horizontally, vertically, and diagonally, plus they can be forwards or backwards.
Ways to Use This Word Search
- Have your child circle or underline the words as they find them. Use a pencil, colored pencil, crayon, or marker.
- If it’s easier for your child, he or she can use a highlighter or pale marker to highlight the words instead.
- Another option would be to have your child dot each letter in the word with a bingo dauber. They are always lots of fun for kids!
What You Will Need
- Printer Paper and a Printer
- Pencils, Crayons, Markers, etc.
What Else You Might Need
If you would like to print out the word search and reuse it multiple times, you could use a laminator and laminating pouches. Here are some more options to make this free printable back to school word search more fun:
Books About School
These would be great books to read aloud to your child before they complete the word search. Or older readers would enjoy some of these books on their own.
First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg
How to Get Your Teacher Ready by Jean Reagan
Pirates Don’t Go to Kindergarten by Lisa Robinson
Here is where you can find even more back to school books for kids!
To download this printable, simply click the link below.
Graphics for this printable are used with permission from My Cute Graphics.