Baseball is a popular sport among children, young and old. Like all sports, baseball has very specific vocabulary that players (and spectators) need to learn. Word searches are a fun activity to help with that! If your child is playing on a Little League team for the first time this year,they may quickly discover that there is so much more to the sport than just having fun. This baseball word search can help your child learn some of that vocabulary in a fun way.
***This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Baseball Word Search
This Baseball Word Search contains 15 words all relating to the sport. The words can be found horizontally, vertically, and diagonally, plus they can be forwards or backwards.
Ways to Use This Word Search
- Have your child circle or underline the words as they find them. Use a pencil, colored pencil, crayon, or marker.
- If it’s easier for your child, he or she can use a highlighter or pale marker to highlight the words instead.
- Another option would be to have your child dot each letter in the word with a bingo dauber. They are always lots of fun for kids!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Printer Paper and a Printer
- Pencils, Crayons, Markers, etc.
WHAT ELSE YOU MIGHT NEED
Resources to Go Along with the Baseball Word Search
You can use this word search together with other resources to help your child learn even more about baseball.
Picture Books About Baseball
These would be great books to read aloud with your child before they complete the word search.
Goodnight Baseball by Michael Dahl
My Baseball Book by Gail Gibbons
Curious George at the Baseball Game by H. A. Rey
More Baseball Activities
Your child can practice their alphabet with these baseball ABC matching cards from 3 Dinosaurs.
Miniature Masterminds has a huge pack of baseball themed learning activities for kids.
To download this printable, simply click on the link below.